Friday 15 January 2010

Hi everyone. Well one good thing about the snow is that i have managed to make a few cards. As all my materials are in my workshop at the bottom of the garden i have had to make in the house. I set myself a challenge. I had purchased a CD Rom from Joanna Sheen called Royal Horticultural Society Collection (RHS). It is a 3 disc set with art work from various artists. I have never made anything from a CD rom as i prefer stamping and colouring. I then took some square pre made cards, and printed off a number of toppers and backing papers from the CD Rom. I used 300gsm white card for the toppers and some paper i have had for ages , Conqueror Natural Parchment 90gsm which i had from staples. I was pleased with the printing.
I added to that gold and silver mirri board, a packet of brights plain card, a packet of flora paper and a packet of darker plain card. These came from The Range. I then proceded to make over 30 cards. I experimented with different folds of the card and numerous ways of presenting the toppers. It was an interesting exercise and for sinple cards i was quite pleased with the finished effect. I did eventually get bored as ther is only so much you can do with toppers.
Well back to the stamping and colouring, distressing etc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment